Welcome to Collège du Léman
At Collège du Léman international day and boarding school Geneva, we help students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence and global citizenship.
A personalised learning journey for each and every child.
- A choice of English, French and Bilingual programmes.
- **International curricula leading to a choice of diplomas: **
- IB (Diploma and Careers Programmes)
- American High School Diploma (with Advanced Placements)
- French Baccalaureate
- Maturité Suisse
- More than 100 extra-curricular activities and an exceptional learning support programme.
- Graduation to leading universities in the US, UK, Switzerland and around the world.
In Pre-school section, we offer a choice of three programmes: **Anglophone, Francophone and Bilingual, following a review of the current language level of each student. **
Preschool is organised into the following age groups:
- PS0 (2-3 year olds): the introductory year, bilingual for all children.
- PS1 (3-4 year olds) and PS2 (4-5 year olds): the core years, with a choice of English, French or Bilingual programmes.
- PS3 (5-6 year olds): the preparatory year for Primary school, with a choice of English, French or Bilingual programmes and the choice of either language for reading instruction.
All of the above use the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC).
To stimulate our students’ wish to grow, we provide a dynamic and fun environment in the following subject areas:
- Reading (PS3)
- Writing Practice
- Writing (PS3)
- IEYC programme
- Computer science (PS3)
- Physical Education
To enrich the IEYC programme, students enjoy a wealth of excursions throughout the year (circumstances allowing).
Our Primary School begins at the age of 6 with Grade 1 and covers five years up until 11 years old.
Parents can choose between our 3 options of bilingual programmes of study:
- English bilingual programme: Dominant English (Maths, English Language, and their IPC projects), plus French as a foreign language, and some specialist lessons in french (e.g. Music and Art).
- French bilingual programme: Dominant French (Maths, French Language and their IPC projects), plus English as an additional language, and specialist lessons in English (e.g. Music and Art).
- Fully bilingual programme: 50% French and 50% English. All subjects are taught in both subjects, alternating mornings and afternoons.
Additional support is available for students who have not studied in these languages before.
We follow the International Primary Curriculum drawing on the Cambridge and French National curricula depending on the language programme that you choose for your child to study in:
- Cambridge Literacy and Maths and/or Education Nationale Française: étude de la langue et Mathématiques.
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC) / Sujets d’Etude
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) for anglophone immersion
- Students also benefit from our collaborations with The Juilliard School (Music, Dance and Drama), MIT on STEAM Projects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) and UNICEF.
- Students enjoy a wealth of excursions and field trips through the year, including skiing in Grade 4 (circumstances allowing).
- Our strong PSHE programme places an emphasis on student wellbeing
Our Middle School begins at the age of 11 with Grade 6 and covers three years up until 14 years old.
Parents can choose between our Anglophone, Francophone, and Bilingual programmes of study, depending on their child’s knowledge of English or French.
In the Anglophone programme, additional support is available for students who have not studied in the English language before.
We follow the International Middle Years Curriculum, drawing upon the Cambridge and French National curricula.
Depending on the language programme your child will study:
- Core subjects include English, French, Maths, Science, Humanities, Modern Foreign Languages, PE, Performing and Visual Arts, Computer Science.
- Students may choose a third language: Spanish, Italian or German.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) for Anglophone immersion.
- In Middle School students learn how to be. It is a place for all to succeed and to become their best possible selves. Students are supported by Homeroom advisors and the pastoral team, and participate in a PSHE (Personal, Social, Health, Economic) education program.
- Each student maintains a portfolio of work and of activities relating to REACH: Responsible, Eco-Friendly, Active, Creative, and Healthy. The year culminates with the student leading their Student-led Conference with their Homeroom Advisor and parents.
- Students also benefit from our collaborations with the Juilliard School (Music, Dance and Drama) and with MIT on STEAM Projects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics).
- Students enjoy excursions and a field trip during the year (circumstances allowing).
In the first two years, High School students age 14-16 can choose between four courses of study:
- Our American style High School Diploma programme.
- The IGCSE programme resulting in an external examination at age 16, through Cambridge Assessment.
- The Baccalauréat Français.
- The Maturité Federale Suisse.
High School Students then choose their diploma for graduation during the final two years, age 16-18:
- Our American style High School diploma with Advanced Placement options
- The International Baccalaureate (IB): Students can choose between the Diploma or Careers-Related programmes.
- The Baccalauréat Français
- The Maturité Federale Suisse
Throughout our High School, students benefit from:
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers using modern methodologies.
- Small class sizes with personalisation and support for every student.
- Diversity of experience and richness of exchange for both students and staff.
- Our REACH programme (Responsible, Eco-Friendly, Active, Creative, Healthy), which enhances personal and social development and improves the student’s profile for universities.
- Our University Advisory Service, which guides students through the university preparation and selection process.
- Educational visits and trips throughout the year (circumstances allowing).
- Over the past 3 years, we have averaged a 98% pass rate across all the diplomas that we offer and students go on to leading universities in the US, UK, Switzerland and around the world.
Academic Success: 2022 Results
A 99% graduating diploma pass rate for the last three years and 100% in 2022.
Our students are confident, enthusiastic learners and year on year, their exam results exceed global averages.
We recognise that each child is unique and have, therefore, built a student-centric approach to learning which can be adapted to every individual’s needs.
Our broad range of language programmes (English, French and Bilingual), choice of diplomas (IB DP and CP, High School with Advance Placements, French Bac and Swiss Maturity), international and national curricula, and 100+ extracurricular activities mean that we can offer a tailored learning journey to best fit each student.
We go beyond traditional education with our enriched curriculum and our collaborations with MIT, The Julliard School, and UNICEF, provide active input to our curricula and student learning.
We recruit and retain world-class teachers, providing them with continuous training within the school and through Nord Anglia Education. Our talented teachers get to know the precise needs of each student and tailor their teaching approach, developing personalised learning plans for every child.
IB Diploma Programme
- Pass rate 100% (vs. worldwide 88.9%)
- 22% students with 40+ points (out of max. 45)
- Highest score: 45!
- Average 36.5 (vs. worldwide 31.8)
- Mean Grade 5.75
IB Career-related Programme
- Pass rate 100%
- Certificates of Completion from SUMAS and Les Roches (for Craft-based Learning Week)
High School Diploma and Advanced Placements
- High School Diploma pass rate of 100%
- Advanced Placements Pass rate 91% (vs. world average of 60%)
- 100% pass rate (9th year a row)
- 92% mentions
- 1 ‘Congratulations from the Jury’
- 10 Very Good, 6 Good, 5 Above Average
- Average 15 pts
- 100% pass rate - February 2022
- Best score 112.5 (out of max 126)
- Average 102.5 pts (out of max. 126)
- 2022 Pass rate: 66% A*-A grades and 99% A*-C grades
2022 University Destinations
- Imperial College London (Biochem)
- University College London (Law)
- U Penn - Wharton Business School
- St. Andrews University
- University of Glasgow (Medicine)
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- University of Geneva (UNIGE)
- Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
- HEC Montréal
- King's College
Tuition Fees Approximately
Primary Boarding (Grades 4-5):
Boarding Fee (Grades 6-12):